Restaurant Account Director
We are looking for an Account Director for a restaurant client. You will manage a multi-million dollar account and provide strategic initiatives/thinking.
Who You Are:
We're looking for an experienced Account Director for a restaurant client. You're potentially the right fit if you're organized, efficient, and proactive and are rewarded by being part of a team that consistently provides creative and effective marketing solutions. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be skilled in working with diverse groups of people. You would be the key day-to-day lead on the client's business, managing the account by leading strategic discussions, developing briefs and presentations, solving problems, analyzing research and anything else required to make the client and agency successful, including tactical implementation for specific projects as needed. It is critical that you possess the analytical, communication, and leadership skills that allow you to guide a team and strengthen the quality of service. Your drive to constantly learn and seek the best in others is what contributes to our success.
What You Would Do:
- Manage a multi-million dollar restaurant account and provide strategic initiatives/thinking.
- Develop meaningful relationships with senior clients in a way that positively impacts the agency relationship, including formulation and presentation of new initiatives, long-range plans, tactics, budgets and timelines.
- Proactively lead, supervise and orchestrate all client and agency resources, demonstrating and utilizing high brand, category and market knowledge for assigned accounts.
- Effectively collaborate with and manage agency, client and vendor/partner resources as needed for client success and agency profitability.
- Act as agency lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to the planning process, defining interactive tactics within programs/campaigns, and creating campaign plans.
- Intimately understand the client's business, industry and competition, leveraging that knowledge to help generate new ideas to strategically grow their business.
- Work under minimal supervision to lead all client planning processes, track timelines and deliverables, and manage staff and resource allocation on assigned accounts.
- Consistently collaborate with team members throughout the work process to foster, facilitate and consistently deliver great work that is on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Originate marketing plans and strategy briefs that clearly direct and powerfully inspire outstanding strategic and creative solutions.
- Ensure work is on-strategy, breakthrough, appropriate for the brand and approved by senior management.
- Persuasively present creative, engagement and strategy recommendations at agency/client meetings.
- Help identify new business opportunities and/or revenue streams for the agency.
- Being accountable for account growth, client satisfaction, and retention.
- Manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work while making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for agency.
- Supervise, develop and mentor the account management team which includes providing training, overseeing and conducting performance reviews, resolving issues, rotating staff, and providing salary recommendations.
- Consistently teach agency and industry best practices to others.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in working in an agency environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years managing restaurant account(s) or client side equivalent
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, communications, culture, people, etc. A burning desire to dig into what makes them tick.
- Proactive, strategic thought leadership
- Ability to foster a collaborative, cohesive, interdisciplinary team, both within the agency and with clients
- Ability to clearly communicate and assign tasks to all team members
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and report on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exemplary problem solving skills, using a sound system of judgment to thoroughly analyze various options before making a decision
- Ability to articulate and defend the agency's recommendations and points of view
- Clear and compelling written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, listening and comprehension skills
- Ability to build trust and successfully deliver on expectations
- Ability to identify solutions that will generate measurable results for clients
- Solid mastery of advertising fundamentals, including: branding, planning, positioning, strategy
- Mastery of the principles of creating effective, intrusive and integrated media and creative concepts through execution/implementation
- Solid knowledge of production management: collateral, broadcast, digital, print, events
- Knowledge of media fundamentals (media plans, buys/revisions, creative rotations, material insertions, deliverables)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a basic knowledge of marketing research
- Experience with MS Office Suite, spreadsheets, presentation software, email and everything Apple
Reports To: SVP, Account Management
- Health Insurance (agency contribution of 50%-75%)
- Host of supplemental policies to include, Long-term, Short-term & Life
- 401K with 50% match after vesting
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Shared profits based on performance
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Competitive Family & Medical leave policies
- In-house Exercise Room
- Breakfast Bar
- 10 paid holidays