We are looking for an Account Planner who can identify and share new trends, technologies and opportunities.
What You Would Do:
Work with SVP, Executive Planning Director to optimize agency planning process.
Uncover insights and identify strategic opportunities.
Continually identify and share new trends, technologies and opportunities, demonstrating how it applies to the brand’s business and sell-in perspective.
Leverage in-house tools and secondary research to pinpoint and refine the target audience, including behavior, attitude and characteristics.
Create brand and project strategy briefs that are smart, thoughtful and inspire great work. The kind account people get and creatives love.
Create solution-oriented idea generation - identifying challenges and collaborating with the team to develop innovative solutions that grow the brand.
Lead or participate in brainstorm sessions that result in areas of opportunity for the brand and innovative ways to reach the target audience/s.
Drive positioning and re-branding work, when needed.
Provide cross-discipline strategic support and champion the “big idea.”
Participate in and sometimes lead research projects, including reporting when needed.
Cultivate relationships with suppliers and vendors.
Develop thought leadership pieces, when relevant.
Who You Are:
Proven thought leadership on high profile brands with a track record of strategic and provocative thinking.
A self-starter who multitasks and goes above and beyond on everything you do.
Loves to problem solve with a “think on your feet” mentality.
Insatiable curiosity and a burning desire to unearth insights and transform them into disruptive advertising, marketing or business ideas.
A storyteller with the ability to absorb great information, distill it, see the bigger picture and convey a streamlined, compelling and strategic story.
Tremendous stage presence in meetings.
Capable of building relationships with clients at a senior level and the ability to build their trust to help to navigate the direction.
Never just an order taker, wants to inspire and add value at every turn.
Team player working well with different types of people (account and creative) yet has the ability to challenge the teams in a trusted, collaborative way.
Intuitive ability to understand people (co-workers, clients, consumers).
Desire to constantly bring new ideas to the table beyond the day-to-day needs.
Experience with qualitative/quantitative research methods (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) and have ability to see and adapt insights.
Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
What you have:
- 5-7 years of account planning experience within an agency environment.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences. MBA or Master’s a plus.
- Planning experience across multiple industries.
- Exceptional writing, communication and persuasive skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Mac experience helpful.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data.
- Experience drafting research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence.
- Health Insurance (agency contribution of 50%-75%)
- Host of supplemental policies to include, Long-term, Short-term & Life
- 401K with 50% match after vesting
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Shared profits based on performance
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Competitive Family & Medical leave policies
- In-house Exercise Room
- Breakfast Bar
- 10 paid holidays